Waster carriers license

People or businesses who transport, buy, sell or dispose of waste - or arrange for someone else to do so - must be registered.

The database of people who have a license is maintained by the Environment Agency and you can search by business name: www.environment.data.gov.uk/public-register/view/search-waste-carriers-brokers 

There are two levels - upper and lower tier. Someone you pay to take away your waste should have an upper tier waste carriers license.