Viewing planning applications*
You can use the Public Access to view a planning application and to comment on a planning application. It is a dynamic system constantly being updated with incoming information including plans, technical reports, responses from consultees, comments from the general public, full details of the Council's ultimate decision and details of any appeal to the Secretary of State.
You can view the details of all current planning applications as well as many historic applications from 1 January 2006. By using this service you are agreeing to an understanding of: (1) the Limitations; (2) the Disclaimer; and (3) the Copyright notice below.
You can also visit our customer contact centre to look at applications.
*Due to essential maintenance work this system will not be available on Friday 15 February. We apologise for the disruption and will ensure the system is back up and running as soon as possible.
There are certain limitations to the nature of the material published on Public Access and the way that it can be used:
- All the plans and drawings are protected by copyright. You can download or print copies to look at in more , but you shouldn't share these. If you want to print off more than one copy then you will need to get permission from the person who put in the application. Please refer to the Copyright notice below.
- We may not publish all the information about an application if we believe some of it is confidential or it has been marked as such. This can be the case with sensitive commercial information submitted in support a viability appraisal.
- The site only includes material that is available electronically. For obvious reasons thismeansthatsomematerialmaynotbeavailable.
- While we take care to ensure that individual files are as small as possible, some of the documents on the site are still very large and may take a while to download.
The plans, drawings and other material on the following webpages have been submitted to Selby District Council in order to apply for planning permission and/or a number of related consents. They are available to view for consultation purposes only (see Copyright notice below). Documentation is normally published within four working days of validation. The date shown is the date the document was received.
These webpages include only those records that have been submitted in support of the application and are capable of being presented electronically. They may not represent a complete record of the information held by the Council in relation to the property or properties concerned.
Please do not rely on information from this site as an alternative to traditional searches where completeness of information is essential. Whilst we take great care to ensure that the information provided on these webpages is accurate, we cannot accept any liability or responsibility should you rely on the information provided and ultimately find it to have been incorrect.
If you have any reason to suspect that the information is incorrect please contact email@example.com immediately by email so that the matter can be investigated and any corrections made as soon as reasonably practical.
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyrights Act (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only download or print material for consultation purposes. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the owner i.e. the applicant/agent/architect.
Comment on a planning application
You can make comments on planning applications in the following ways:
- Whilst viewing the details of an application through Public Access.You will need to register and login before you are able to leave comments and/or receive updates. Your session may "time out” without warning, so for longer messages you may need to compose your comments outside the webpage and then copy and paste when you are ready to submit. Please include the submission date at the end of your comment.
- By e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to Development Management, Selby District Council, Civic Centre, Doncaster Road, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 9FT
Submitting your comments via Public Access will ensure that certain key pieces of information are automatically provided. However, if you submit your comments by e mail or post please include the following:
- Your name
- Your contact address
- The reference number of the application and/or address of the property to which your comments relate
Please note that we are unable to send an acknowledgement for comments submitted by email or post.
Everyone can see what is on the site, so please be considerate in your comments. Things that are defamatory or that could be prejudicial will be removed.
If you need help composing your comments, the Council has published guidance here which sets out some of the issues which are material to the determination of an application and some which are not.
People whose applications have been refused can appeal against this decision. There is a ‘fast track’ appeal which means it goes straight to an independent Planning Inspector. If this happens you won’t get a further chance to comment and the Inspector will only look at the original comments. If there is an appeal but no fast track process, then you’ll be given another chance to comment to the Planning Inspectorate.
We will publish your comments on our Public Access pages, removing your telephone number, e mail address and signature. Please note that we may forward your comments to The Planning Inspectorate, the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government or statutory consultees in the ordinary course of determining an application or a subsequent appeal.
Finding out decisions about applications
We publish decisions about applications when they are made. You can find out if an application has been accepted or refused. We also publish the reasons why. All of this information is included on Public Access