Useful information

Money Manager

Money Manager is designed just for people on Universal Credit. You can use it whether you’re making a new claim or moving to Universal Credit from existing benefits. It will help you make the most of your money:

  • When you’re waiting for your first Universal Credit payment
  • When you’re getting regular monthly payments.

Money Manager - Money Advice

GOV.UK - includes information on:

  • Your Council Tax band
  • Challenging your Council Tax band
  • Problems paying Council Tax and financial help
  • If your Council Tax bill is wrong
  • Council Tax discounts and exemptions

Valuation Office Agency - check the correct Council Tax band for all homes in England and Wales.

Get help and advice about your Council Tax Band from the Valuation Office Agency
Council Tax North
Manchester Valuation Office
Manchester One
53 Portland Street
M1 3LD 

Telephone: 03000 501501

Citizens Advice Bureau - Advice Guide - independent information on Council Tax.