Travel passes and railcards

Bus passes

Bus passes are issued by North Yorkshire County Council. Use their online service to request a senior or disabled persons bus pass. You can read about school bus passes and other home to school transport on their website as well.

Senior railcards

If you over 60 you can apply for a Senior Railcard from National Rail, which gives you 1/3 off your rail fares. These normally cost £30 for one year. If you live in Selby district you can apply for a discount code to get the Senior Railcard at the reduced price of £19.50 per year. To get a discount code you will need call us on 01757 705101 or email us If it is the first time you have asked for a discount code you will need to email or post us a copy of your proof of your age (such as a birth certificate, passport, driving licence, national senior bus pass) and proof of your residency in Selby district (such as a recent utility bill) to us before your code can be issued.

Disabled railcards

If you are eligible for a Disabled Persons Railcard and live in Selby district, you are able to apply for a discount code to get the railcard reduced from £20 for one year, to £12 for one year. Please contact us for further information.

The discount code you receive will let you buy or renew a railcard directly from National Rail. They will send you a reminder when your card is due to expire.