As part of the Town Centre Revitalisation Programme, we have agreed to provide funding to eligible Community Organisations to support the revitalisation of our three centres in the district: Selby, Sherburn-in-Elmet and Tadcaster. This grant will provide financial support to organisations to allow them to deliver projects and schemes to their communities.
This funding scheme is currently only open for application in Sherburn-in-Elmet area and applications must be submitted by 1st December 2022.
The Town Centre Revitalisation Programme Grant Policy sets out the aims and requirements for the funding.
Who can apply?
Community Organisations within Sherburn-in-Elmet are invited to apply. Projects must take place within the boundaries identified in the Policy.
National organisations are not eligible for this grant. However, if you are a separate group that comes under the umbrella of a national organisation, we can consider your application if you have your own governing document, your own local management committee and are responsible for your own accounts. An example of this might be a local branch of the MS Society.
Private organisations that run primarily for private gain or to generate profits for private distribution, or any activities that generate profits for private gain are not eligible for this grant.
Grants are only available in the following categories:
Class A: £10,000 to £50,000
Class B: over £50,000 to 250,000
The purpose of the funding is to support projects which deliver on the key priorities of the town centre regeneration work, to:
• Enhance the physical appearance
• Promote digital accessibility
• Promote cultural engagement
This is to achieve outcomes such as:
• Increasing footfall and dwell time
• Improving health and well-being
• Reducing vacancy
• Improving safety
• Enhancing connectivity
• Enhancing heritage
• Support visitor economy
How is funding awarded?
The application form and supporting documents will undergo an appraisal by officers and the final decision will be made by a panel.
The areas assessed are listed below and what we are looking for in each section is detailed in the application guidance.
- Ability to deliver
- Value for money
- If applicable – safeguarding
Successful organisations will be required to enter into a contractual agreement with Selby District Council.
How to apply:
- Read the grant policy and FAQs to check your project is a good fit.
- Read the application guidance and supporting documents checklist to see how your application will be assessed and what you will need to provide.
- Read our corporate Privacy Notice.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check eligibility and request an initial discussion with an officer about your project.
- Prepare supporting documents. Templates for certain documents are available but don’t have to be used if they are not suitable for your organisation. to request templates Please email email@example.com.
- Download and complete the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any supporting documents.
- You will receive a confirmation of receipt of your application and the decision timescales.
- If any information is missing or incomplete or requires further assessment, you will be contacted to provide further information before a decision can be made.
If you need further guidance
For information on other funding opportunities and also to get help with developing your community group or project idea please look at our community grants page.