Town Centre, Retail and Leisure Study November 2020
Lichfields produced this report for the Council in November 2020. The key purpose of the study is to provide a robust and credible evidence base to inform the emerging Local Plan. The study assesses the need and capacity for further retail and leisure development; assesses the role of the main town centres (Selby, Tadcaster and Sherburn in Elmet); and advises on options on how the identified need can be accommodated in designated centres.
Selby Retail and Leisure Study - 2015
The Selby Retail and Leisure Study was undertaken by GVA. The document can be downloaded below.
Retail, Commercial and Leisure Study - 2009
In May 2009 Drivers Jonas LLP were commissioned by Selby District Council to prepare a detailed study of the retail (both food and non food), commercial and leisure sectors within the district.
The study provides an assessment of the need for further development for retail, commercial and leisure uses up to 2026 (to correspond with the proposed Local Development Framework period). It also assesses deficiencies in the current provision and the capacity of existing centres to accommodate new development.
The study will assist the Council in developing a sound framework through which policies and proposals can be formulated and provide a robust background against which decisions on major retail, commercial and leisure applications can be made.
The full report has now been published and can be viewed below along with the corresponding appendices:
- Selby RCLS Main Report - pdf
- Appendix 1 - Survey and Catchment Area - pdf 4.2Mb
- Appendix 2 - Household Survey Results - pdf
- Appendix 3 - On Street Survey Results - pdf
- Appendix 4 - Convenience Retail Analysis - pdf
- Appendix 5 - Comparison Retail Analysis - pdf
- Appendix 6 - Leisure Analysis - pdf
- Appendix 7 - Housing Planned Growth Table - pdf
- Appendix 8 - Selby Town Centre Boundary - pdf
- Appendix 9 - Tadcaster Boundary - pdf
- Appendix 10 - Sherburn Boundary - pdf