Tadcaster children are invited to take part in a special decorated bike parade riding through the town.
You and your child will have a unique opportunity to showcase your best dressed bike along closed roads, on part of the Tour de Yorkshire route that passes through the town.
The parade finishes at the Minster FM stage, along St Joseph’s Street where you’ll be judged.
The child with the best dressed bike will win a brand new bike donated courtesy of Cycle Sense.
How to take part
Register your place via the Tadcaster Tour de Yorkshire Decorated Bike Parade event page.
What’ll happen on the day…
Bring your decorated bike to the north end of St Joseph’s Street at 11.25am, where you’ll be issued a wristband.
All children taking part in the parade must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
You'll then be escorted on closed roads to the official start line for the start of the parade.
The parade will start at 11.40am and will ride back through the town to St Joseph’s Street.
Bikes can be stored before and after the parade at Manor Farm, next to the Brownie Hut. Please bring your own bike locks.
All children taking part in the parade must wear bike helmets and be able to confidently ride a bike without assistance.
Parents accompanying children on the parade are welcome to join in the fun and dress up - no pressure!
You must be registered to take part in the parade.
Register for a place via the Tadcaster Tour de Yorkshire Decorated Bike Parade event page.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Cyclesense Ltd. (UK), agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competition.
- The entrant(s) must be aged between 0 - 13 years Old. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Cyclesense Ltd. (UK) relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.