Hackney carriage (taxi) fares as from 18 November 2022
The tariffs should be displayed on a tariff sheet in the vehicle. The council sets a maximum tariff but drivers can charge less.
Tariff One Between 6am-midnight
- £3.60 Flag fall for the first 440 yards or part thereof
- £0.20 Drop at 440 yards and every 167.62 yards or part thereof
- Waiting time for each period of 37.36 seconds or part thereof £0.20
Tariff Two Between midnight and 6am and public holidays*
- £5.40 Flag fall for the first 440 yards or part thereof
- £0.30 Drop at 440 yards and every 167.62 yards or part thereof
- Waiting time for each period of 37.36 seconds or part thereof £0.30
*All public holidays other than those listed in tariff 3 tariff 2 applies throughout the 24 hour period.
Tariff Three (Christmas and New Year*)
- £7.20 Flag fall for the first 440 yards or part thereof:
- £0.40 Drop at 440 yards and every 167.62 or part thereof:
- Waiting time for each period of 37.36 seconds or part thereof: £0.40
*From 6pm 24 December to 6am 26 December and 6pm 31 December to 6am 2 January.
The following prices apply to extras:
- Fouling charge - maximum £80
- Extra charge per head which can be charged for all passengers when carrying five or more: £0.50
- Call out or summoning charge Maximum additional rate of charge per mile for call outs over 1 mile: £1. To be used for any part of the district (one way only). This is a maximum rate of charge, the whole or part of which is to be agreed with the hirer as an extra at the time of booking before the hire is accepted or journey commenced and is to be included on the taxi meter as an extra.
A STATEMENT OF THE MAXIMUM FARES TO BE DISPLAYED WITHIN THE CARRIAGE in clearly distinguishable letters and figures. The above fares are applicable for all journeys within the Council boundary, if the hiring takes the journey outside the Selby District boundary, the driver must charge in line with this table of fares unless the fare has been agreed with the hirer before the journey starts for a greater or lesser amount than that shown on the meter.
Taxis with wheelchair access
Please click on this link for a list of hackney carriages that currently have access for wheelchairs.