The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) forms part of the evidence base for the Selby District Local Plan by providing a factual survey of potential housing development sites that will inform the Sites Allocations Document known as ‘Plan Selby’. The survey of sites and the criteria used to assess them also informs the calculation of housing supply in the annual 5 Year Housing Land Supply reports (5YHLS).
Please note that the SHLAA does not allocate land for development or determine whether a site will be allocated for housing. The inclusion of potential sites within the SHLAA should not be taken to imply that the sites will be allocated for housing or looked upon favourably when determining planning applications. The decision to allocate will be made through the emerging Plan Selby Site Allocations Document.
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2022
- Appendix A: SHLAA Methodology Working Group Paper & Responses
- Appendix B: SHLAA Working Group Data
- Appendix C: SHLAA Site Assessment Database
- Appendix D: SHLAA/Five Year Housing Land Supply Interactive Map
- Appendix E: Site Assessment Summaries
Please the SHLAA Archive Page for reports from previous years.