2019 is a big year for the Selby District as we host major cycling events in our historic market towns and celebrate a host of significant anniversaries, including 240 years of Selby Canal, 120 years for Selby Park, 100 years of Selby Football Club, 50 years since the formation of Selby Civic Society and of course - the magnificent Selby Abbey’s 950th anniversary.
Selby 950 is a celebration and offers a unique hook; an opportunity to remind our communities why their home is special.
With unique opportunities and lots to celebrate, it’s a fantastic time to come together, get involved and enjoy all that our district has to offer.
The Selby 950 celebrations are well underway and we want to showcase the breadth of events and activities taking place throughout the year – and we want to involve as many of you as possible.
We've put together a toolkit that includes everything you need to make the most out of Selby 950 in your own marketing, and to enhance your own event promotions.
Branding – Selby 950
LazenbyBrown is an award winning brand design agency and as Creative Partners of Selby 950, they have created an identity that is available for you to use, for all of your events and across your promotion material. In addition to this, we have a range of marketing material available for you to use in your own promotions, which includes:
- The Selby 950 community logo in orange, black and white (EPS and PNG for overlay, and a JPEG for digital and print use)
- Specifically sized banner ads that you can use across digital and social media platforms when promoting yours own Selby 950 content, activities and events
- Examples of the logo used as an overlay – so you can see you could use it over your own images
- 150 words of copy about Selby 950 that you can copy and paste into your own marketing and promotions highlighting what 2019 is all about
Share your event
Let us know what you're planning and we can help spread the word about your events or activity.
Get Everyone Involved - share your celebrations on social media
Let us know how you’re celebrating and increase the reach of your event social media posts by tagging us on @selbydc and we’ll retweet where we can – include our Twittter handle in your tweet, so we can see it.
Use the #Selby950 #SelbyShines hashtag in all your posts
Here’s how we think you can make the most of the celebrations and your Selby 950 marketing:
- Be part of the overall celebration – use the Selby 950 branding in your own promotions
- Tag @selbydc and use #Selby950 #SelbyShines in your social media content to increase the reach of your posts
- A picture is worth a thousand words – make the most of the images available for you to use
- Plus, don’t forget to let us know about your events using this form.
If you have any questions about your event, or if you need help or support with your marketing and promotion, please contact Jennie Lowthian, Tourism Development Officer at email@example.com
Please note that the Selby 950 logo cannot be used to promote any private profit events, nor will any private profit events be listed on the Selby 950 microsite