The Seal of St Germain was loaned for use in the Selby Treasures Exhibition, with thanks to Leeds Museum and Galleries.
This is a plaster cast of the original Seal of St Germain. The original dates back to 1282. It would have been stamped onto wax to form the certification seal on official documents and letters sent from the Abbey. Courtesy, Leeds Museums and Galleries.