Contract Type – Permanent
Section – Strategic Asset Management and Property Services
Salary Band – 3a
Annual Salary – £32,020 per annum + car user allowance
Hours – 37 per week (hybrid working arrangements)
Reference – SEL0201-03
What’s the job?
The successful candidate will work as part of the Strategic Asset Management and Property Services team managing the Council’s capital and revenue investment programmes, working with colleagues across the team to ensure works are delivered on time and budget.
Who are we looking for?
Professionally qualified in construction management or a related discipline, with demonstrable evidence of contract management you will:
- Support delivery of the Council’s capital and revenue investment programmes via direct, effective and efficient management of our contractor partners.
- Manage programme delivery within time and budget, ensuring works are completed to a high standard and in line with specifications.
- Establish, monitor, manage and report on agreed KPI’s.
- Ensure project health and safety obligations are satisfied, including undertaking regular site inspections and ensuring compliance with CDM regulations.
- Drive forward the development and adoption of innovative solutions, working closely with our partners and contractors.
- Ensure the accurate transfer of information to our data management systems and housing colleagues.
- Provide accurate information to our Quantity Surveyor to assist in the tracking of variations, completions, monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Undertake stock condition assessments to improve the quality of management information held on the Council’s property portfolio.
- Manage any asbestos related issues on site, arranging for licensed contractor removal works as required.
- Ensure data and information flows are effectively managed and captured to enable the Council to respond to enquiries, complaints, claims for compensation and housing disrepair claims.
- Respond to requests for information from colleagues, elected members, customers and the wider public, including informal/formal complaints and Freedom of Information requests.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact Sean Smith (Property Improvement Manager) on 01757 705101.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
A copy of the job description can be downloaded by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Your CV should include:
- Your full contact details – telephone number, email address, home address;
- Your full employment history – names of employers, job titles, dates of employment and salary;
- Full education history – qualification title, grade awarded, dates and place of study; and
- The names, email addresses of at least two referees (one of which must be your current / most recent employer). You should also detail the capacity in which you know them (i.e. manager, colleague etc.). We will only contact your referees if you are offered the position.
Applications for job share/part-time working will be considered sympathetically.
This position is subject to a Basic level Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. This will only be requested in the event of the individual being offered the position. Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from employment with the Council.
Selby District Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Applying on a secondment basis?
Applications to this post are welcomed on a secondment basis from current employees of any of the Councils in North Yorkshire.
If applying for this post as a secondment opportunity, please ensure that you discuss and seek permission from your line manager before applying.
Approval will be sought from the releasing Authority to ensure that any secondee can be released on a secondment basis.
All secondments are subject to the terms of the agreed joint approach to secondments, detailed within our LGR partnership agreement.
Closing Date: Sunday 4 December 2022