Premises licence

Tour de Yorkshire Leaflet 2019

Licence Summary

Listed below are the forms required for you to make a licence application for your business or organisation to sell alcohol.

The forms listed also include any changes that you may need to make to your licence including surrendering, transferring and varying your licence. 

Find out more about premises licences.


Premise Licence Guidance

When returning any Selby District Council forms please make sure that you also provide any supporting documentation.

The Council forms can be submitted in person or by post to:

Licensing Department, Selby District Council, Civic Centre, Doncaster Road, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 9FT.

Responsible Authorities list

Licensing applications

Apply for a premises licence on GOV.UK

Notification of an interest in premises:

Please select one of the forms below.  The application forms can be submitted 24/7. Payment can be made within office hours by phoning our contact centre on 01757 705101.

Apply for a premises licence

Apply for a club certificate

  • Application - doc

Apply for a provisional statement

Apply to vary a premises licence

Make a minor variation to a premises licence

Apply to vary a designated premises supervisor on a premises licence

Apply to transfer a premises licence

Surrendering a Premises Licence

  • Surrendering a premises licence - doc

Interim Authority Notice

Application for a designated premises supervisor to be disapplied

Licensing Policy

Our licensing policy is available to view here - Selby District Council - Licensing Policy.

Additional information

Application fees and charges.

The licence can be granted with or without additional conditions. Licensable activities listed in the application can be excluded or the application can be rejected.

If an interested party or responsible authority comments or makes a representation against an application, we will have a hearing. We will serve a notice of our decision to the applicant, any person who has made relevant representations (ie representations that were not deemed frivolous or vexatious) and the chief of police.

An interested party or responsible authority may also apply to the licensing authority to review the premises licence, in which case we will have a hearing.

Application for the review of a premises licence

  • Application - doc

Fire legislation and guidance for businesses

The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 came into effect in October 2006 and replaced over 70 pieces of fire safety law.

The Order applies to all non-domestic premises in England and Wales, including offices, shops, premises that provide care such as care homes and hospitals, community halls, places of worship, pubs/clubs/restaurants, schools, sports centres, hotels, hostels, factories, warehouses and the common parts of blocks of flats or houses in multiple occupation (HMOs). 

Find out more.