Planning Application Guidance and Forms

In light of Covid-19 we are now working on planning applications and enquiries remotely, however, it remains necessary for our support officers to visit the office to deal with applications, cheques and correspondence submitted by post. 

We would like to reduce the risks as much as we can and would therefore ask that you make planning submissions online using the planning portal or by email using the electronic application forms on our website to

Please can you email any correspondence, or any other documentation to so that these can be accessed remotely.

Payment for planning applications can be made by calling 01705 705101, by online bank transfer or via the planning portal if you have submitted you application this way.


Requests for relaxation of conditions limiting hours of work on construction sites

Following the Ministerial Statement made by the Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 13 May 2020 in relation to his intention of relaxing planning related conditions pertaining to construction operating times that may well be restricted by conditions on planning permissions, the District Council has produced a guidance note to explain how such requests will be dealt with.

Guidance Note - Relaxation Working Hours Condition


This page contains important information you should take into account before completing your application, along with all planning application forms and guidance documents for completing them.

Do I Need Planning Permission?

Please use the planning portal guidance Interactive House to assist you with your planning enquiry.

Residents can also check permitted development rights by submitting a householder permitted development enquiry form or alternatively you can book a duty officer appointment for householder advice. Please click here for further information