Current lettings process and timescale information during Covid-19
We are continuing to allocate Selby District Council properties during the pandemic but will have the following additional measures in place to ensure our staff and customers are kept safe.
- You will be contacted before any appointment to answer a series of Covid related questions. If you, or any of your household, have tested positive or are isolating we would look to put back the appointment until after your isolation period.
- Previously customers would attend a viewing and sign up as two separate appointments, we have now combined these into one visit to reduce contact and risk.
- Your Neighbourhood Officer will meet you at the property and let you in but will stay outside for the viewing and answer any questions you have after you have had a chance to look round.
- Your Neighbourhood Officer will wear a mask throughout the appointment, and you will be expected to do the same, along with any household members who attend with you. We would ask that you keep the number of people attending to one or two, in order to keep the risk of transmission to a minimum.
- The property will be well ventilated so please ensure you wear a coat or other warm clothing.
- Your Neighbourhood Officer will always keep 2 metres distance, in line with government guidance, and we would ask that you do the same.
If you are unfamiliar with the area, we would ask that you carry out some research on the internet prior to the appointment. You can use online maps to get an idea of location, schools, amenities, transport etc in the local area in the absence of a separate viewing appointment.
However, it is important to ‘stay at home’ and not do any travel to the property or area during the lock down in line with government guidance.
If an applicant is currently under offer or we are making an offer with another Housing Association or Local Authority
If you have been offered a property through one of our partners, please contact them directly and they will be able to answer your queries.
What happens next should the applicant choose to proceed with the viewing?
We will make contact as soon as we are able to proceed with a viewing and that, if you have any queries, you can contact the Housing Support team on 01757 705101 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to help.