We’ve been supporting major new investment in the district, including at the new Sherburn2 development. Find out more in our annual report. Here are some of the other things we've been working on during the past twelve months...
- Working with Harworth Estates, we helped to develop proposals for major new investment at the former Kellingley Colliery site, which could bring nearly 3,000 new jobs to the district. This received planning permission in April 2017.
- We’ve been working with Rigid Paper and masterplanners Urbed to develop exciting new plans for homes and commercial development on their former paper mill site in Selby.
- During the year we’ve been working alongside Eggborough Power Station to secure consent for a brand new gas fired power station.
- There’s been a £10m investment during the year at the British Gypsum plant near Sherburn in Elmet.
- We completed the draft of our Economic Development Strategy that will set the overall direction and context for how we’ll support business growth.
- We used the Council’s channels of communication to promote tourism events in the district, helping to increase awareness to support our businesses.