- Who collects the recycling and rubbish from your house?
- Who runs your local leisure centre?
- Who makes decisions on what people can build in your area?
- Who supports people at risk of being homeless?
- Who makes sure your local takeaway is hygienic?
- Who helps you when you need benefits support?
The answer to all these - and more - is Selby District Council. We provide lots of different services to you and the people in your area every day of the year. This May, you have a chance to vote on who'll be in charge of these services.
Your local election takes place on Thursday 2 May. Each year we check who's registered to vote at every home. If you're on the register then details of how you can vote will be sent to you directly - some people choose to vote by post, others prefer going to their nearby polling station. If you've recently moved, or are new to the area, you need to register to vote. It's really easy to do this online
Polling stations will be open between 7am and 10pm, so you can nvote around your usual day. This is also the day the Tour de Yorkshire finishes in Selby. There may be some minor disruption to roads in Womersley, Escrick, Cawood and Thorpe Willoughby during the afternoon as the race passes through. We expect Selby will be extremely busy too, so bear this in mind if you're voting in these areas.