New and replacement wheeled bins

New and replacement wheeled bins cost £30. Please contact us if you want to order one.

The £30 charge is only for new or replacement grey refuse bins. If you need to replace your garden green or recycling bins these are free of charge.

If your wheeled bin has gone missing, please check with your neighbours as they may have moved your bin or taken it in for you. If your neighbours have not seen your bin and you think it has gone missing please contact us.

You will need to tell us:

  • Your name, address and telephone number where you can be reached during office hours.
  • When was the last time you saw your wheeled bin?
  • Where was it when you last saw it?
  • Whether it had your house number or name clearly marked on it; and
  • Whether there any damage to the bin before it went missing for example, was the lid missing, were there any holes or cracks in the bin?

We will then investigate the matter with our contractors and report back to you within three working days. If your bin has been lost in the collection vehicle, we will replace it free of charge. If your bin has been stolen, you will need to pay for a replacement.

New developments - bins (per household)

If you’re a developer and you’re interested in purchasing bins for the site, please email your details to 

If you are moving to a new development where there are more than three properties your developer will pay for all the refuse and recycling bins. If you are moving to a new development where there are less than three properties, you will need to pay.

The payment for your bin includes the price of the bin, delivery and administration costs.

A new 180 litre wheeled bin costs £30.00.

Moving to a new house

If you’re moving to a new house, you should leave your bin behind. If you move to a house that does not have a bin you will need to pay for one.

Damaged bins

If your bin has become damaged over time due to normal wear and tear you will need to pay for a replacement.

Larger recycling wheelie bins

If you have lots of recycling you can request larger 360 litre blue and brown wheelie bins for your recycling at no extra cost. Fill in this form to request them.

The hardship fund

Residents from vulnerable households can apply for a wheeled bin which is paid for through council funds.

A vulnerable household is 'a household in receipt of at least one of the principal means tested or disability related benefits'. The benefits taken into account are:

  • Universal credit
  • Income support
  • Housing benefit
  • Council tax benefit
  • Disabled persons tax credit
  • Income based job seekers allowance
  • Working families tax credit
  • Attendance allowance
  • Disability living allowance
  • Industrial injuries disablement benefit, or
  • War disablement pension.

To receive a wheeled bin from the hardship fund the resident needs to complete an application form - pdf and provide proof that they receive one of the benefits listed above.