Selby, Sherburn in Elmet, and Tadcaster are the District’s largest settlements. The Market Towns Study (MTS) brings together the existing and draft evidence base which will support PLAN Selby for each of these towns. The report sets out the scope of the Focused Engagement which was undertaken in the summer of 2015 and the next steps. The Final Market Towns Study Report is available to download below:
Part A: Baseline Report
Part B: Issues and Options from Focussed Engagement
Part C: Issues and Options for Plan Selby
Market Town Study (MTS) - Focussed Engagement Summer 2015 (ARCHIVED)
The Focussed Engagement consultations undertaken between 29 June and 10 August 2015 were arranged to allow us to understand comments made in the Initial Consultation in more detail, talk about issues and options arising, and seek your views on a number of draft studies before they were finalised.
We discussed these matters with local community representatives and business, other stakeholders and neighbouring authorities at venues across the District. In addition to asking for views during the Focussed Engagement, a number of Technical and Community Workshops took place in each of the three towns (Selby, Sherburn in Elmet, and Tadcaster) for invited representatives during the first week of July.
The DRAFT MTS baseline evidence review report (available below) was published as part of the Focussed Engagement as ‘work in progress’ and fact checked during the workshops. In responding to the focused engagement, people were asked to consider a range of
The collection of data to inform the MTS and PLAN Selby is an on-going process.
The following documents were made available during the focused engagement period:
- Selby District Market Towns Study: Baseline Review (24 June 2015) (Please Note, this has been updated twice. The report Selby District Market Town Study - revision D, available below, was updated after the workshop and the final update is available in the final report at the top of this page)
- Selby District Market Towns Study: Sherburn in Elmet Fact Sheets
- Selby District Market Towns Study: Selby Fact Sheets
- Selby District Market Towns Study: Tadcaster Fact Sheets
The Fact Sheets above refer to plans which were made available at the workshops. These plans are available below:
- Technical Issues Spatial - Selby
- Technical Issues Town Centre - Selby
- Technical Issues Environment - Selby
- Options Spatial - Selby
- Options Town Centre - Selby
- Options Environment - Selby
Sherburn in Elmet
- Technical Issues Spatial - Sherburn in Elmet
- Technical Issues Town Centre - Sherburn in Elmet
- Technical Issues Environment - Sherburn in Elmet
- Options Town Centre - Sherburn in Elmet
- Options Spatial - Sherburn in Elmet
- Options Environment - Sherburn in Elmet
- Technical Issues Spatial - Tadcaster
- Technical Issues Town Centre - Tadcaster
- Technical Issues Environment - Tadcaster
- Options Spatial - Tadcaster
- Options Town Centre - Tadcaster
- Options Environment - Tadcaster
The issues discussed and views expressed at the workshops have been captured in Answer Booklets for each of the three towns and these can be viewed below:
Update to Baseline Review Report after the workshops
An update to the Baseline Review Report to include a review of some additional documents (the Selby Town Design Statement and the Selby Town Conservation Area Character Appraisal) was made available. The revised version can be viewed below:
From the feedback at the workshops, a set of draft objectives for each town was identified for further comment during the focused engagement, including at the workshops.
We are in the process of evaluating representations along with other evidence for PLAN Selby. We anticapate that we will go out for the preferred options consultation in the summer of 2016. More information on the timetable for PLAN Selby is available in the Authorities Monitoring Report.