Local Housing Allowance

What is local housing allowance?

If you rent from a private landlord, local housing allowance is a way of working out your Housing Benefit.  It does not apply to council tenants or tenants of a registered provider of social housing like a housing association (apart from Horton Housing Association). Local housing allowance is also not used for people living in mobile homes such as caravans or houseboats, or for regulated tenancies (which started before 15th January 1989).