This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how and why the Communications Team at Selby District Council processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice.
Who are you?
Selby District Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). The Lifeline Service is a product provided and administered by the Council which provides 24-hour local emergency support service. The call alarm (unit and wearable pendant) makes it easier to live independently in your own home and offers peace of mind that help is on hand when needed.
The Council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its Data Protection Officer. Their contact details are: Data Protection Officer, Veritau, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA, DPO@selby.gov.uk, telephone 01904 552848.
What personal information do we collect?
In order to provide the Lifeline Service we collect the following categories of personal data:
• Your personal information such as name, address, date of birth and contact details
• Names and contact details of your friends and families
• Financial information for payment of the service
• Information on your regular daily activities and any other support services you have or that regularly visit you.
• Where applicable, we will also take note of anyone who deals with your affairs on your behalf and where applicable the details of ‘Power of attorney’.
• Other relevant information that may help us to provide the service such as who you wish to be contact first in an emergency and your next of kin details.
We may also collect the following categories of special category information:
• Details of your health including any medical conditions, medication you are receiving, mobility problems and information relating to your care plan (if applicable) and if you have a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR).
Why do we collect your personal information?
We will use your personal data in order to ensure effective delivery of the Lifeline Service. This data will be used when you need help so our monitoring centre can then contact someone on your behalf.
Who do we obtain your information from?
• Ryecare – Ryedale District Council
• Health and Adult Services - NYCC
• Home from hospital service – Carers Resource
Who do we share this information with?
We will share some information with Ryecare, our 24 hour call centre, and any other agencies involved in your care and support in the event of an emergency, or any safeguarding concerns, such as care agencies, health and social care, police, fire and ambulance services. Having established your needs, the call centre will contact an appropriate service/family or friend to enable them to come to your assistance.
How long do we keep your information for?
Individual Support Plans including contact information, support requirements, care assessment and financial information are held for the life of the contract and then for six years upon termination of the contract.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
Selby District Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
UK GDPR Article 6 (1) (b) - processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party
When processing special category data, the Council will rely on the following lawful basis:
UK GDPR Article 9 (2) (b) - processing is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health or social care with processing meeting Schedule 1, Part 1 of the Data Protection Act 2018 as below:
• (2) Health or social care purposes
For more information about how the Council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice.