2 posts available
Contract – Temporary (up to 6 months)
Section – Property Services
Salary Band – 2b
Annual Salary – £24,491 per annum
Hours – 37 per week, working 8.00am to 4.30pm Mondays to Thursdays and 8.00am to 1.00pm on Fridays
Reference – SEL0054-12
What’s the job?
The Property Maintenance team is responsible for the management and maintenance of all the Councils’ assets including housing, commercial units, car parks, closed burial grounds, bus stations and the public realm. To be successful in this role, you will:
- Provide a flexible customer focussed responsive maintenance and repair service for all Council assets.
- Support the delivery of a ‘right first time’ and ‘one stop shop’ approach by carrying out minor works for other trades to enhance efficiency and the quality of service provided to the customer, carrying out of reasonable allied duties as and when required.
- Take responsibility for managing your own workload carrying out maintenance and repair works in line with the Council’s specification and best practice under the guidance of the Repairs and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure effective liaison with the Housing colleagues to ensure a joined-up service is delivered to the community.
- Comply with requirements relating to vehicle use and maintenance.
- Make full use of the Council’s multi-skill agreement.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To be technically competent, holding a NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) joinery qualification.
- To be able to demonstrate previous experience in your specialist trade, ideally in a social housing and/or responsive repairs setting.
- Skills and experience in other trades such as tiling, basic plumbing, plastering etc.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to efficiently plan your own workload.
- Excellent communications skills.
- A full UK Driving Licence.
Being flexible, you will be responsible for your own workload and providing an excellent service to our customers. By building trust and having excellent interpersonal skills, you will quickly develop good working relationships with colleagues and partners.
You must carry out your duties with full regard to Health and Safety ensuring that Selby District Council meets its statutory obligations within the professional discipline as set out in various pieces of legislation.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact Richard Chapman (Repairs and Maintenance Supervisor) on 01757 705101.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the job context and job role specification is available to download below.
This position is subject to a basic level Disclosure & Barring Service check. This will only be requested in the event of the individual being offered the position. Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from employment with the Council.
Selby District Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date – Sunday 19 September 2021
Closing Time – Midnight
Interview Date – To be confirmed