Housing Benefit changes - support

If you are affected by reduced Housing Benefit payments, there are a number of steps you may wish to consider, as set out below.

If you are struggling to afford to remain in your accommodation or would like some general guidance as to what help is available, please speak to your landlord or contact Access Selby's Housing Options team (via 01757 705101) at the earliest opportunity. If you are a Council Tenant please speak to your local Neighbourhood Officer.

We will do everything we can to help you stay where you are or find suitable alternative accommodation.

Council tenants - how to pay the difference

Please see our payments page for details on the following:

  • Direct Debits
  • PayPoint
  • Post Office
  • Phone Payments

Opportunities to increase your income

You may be able to increase your income by:

  • asking any non-dependents living in your home to increase their contributions to household bills;
  • taking in a lodger - click here for more details;
  • starting work; or
  • checking you receive all the benefits and support you are entitled to - speak to the Citizens' Advice Bureau for more.