House to house collections licence

Licence summary

To carry out house-to-house collections for charitable purposes in England and Wales you need a licence from the local authority. Within the Selby district this is Selby District Council.

Regulation summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

House to House Collection Act 1939 - Guidelines - pdf

House to House Collections Act 1939 - Exemptions

Application process

Click here to apply for a house to house collection online

Online application form

House to House - Application Form

House to House - Returns Form

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period, 14 days.

Failed application and complaints

Please contact us if you wish to appeal a refused application or have a complaint about our service. Any applicant who is refused a licence can appeal to their local magistrates' court.