Home to school transport

North Yorkshire County Council must provide transport where they consider it necessary to ensure that a child goes to school. If transport is necessary, then it must be provided free of charge. In most cases it is up to North Yorkshire County Council to decide what transport is necessary. Eligibility is usually determined according to age of the pupil and/or the distance which the pupil lives from school.

Please note.
This service is not provided by Selby District Council. Information on this service is provided by North Yorkshire County Council. Please select the link below for further information on their website.

School - transport