Health and safety in pubs and clubs - noise

Employers have a duty to protect the hearing of employees working in pubs and clubs playing loud music under the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005. Advice on how to meet the requirements of this legislation in pubs and clubs is contained on the "Sound Advice" website.

The 'Sound Advice' website contains practical guidelines on the control of noise at work in music and entertainment. Representatives of music and entertainment industries together with Environmental Health Officers and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) prepared the guidance. On the site you will find out what you can do to avoid the harmful effects of prolonged exposure to noise - for yourself and for the people you employ or work with - Sound Advice website.