Selby District Council are offering a range of free workshops and webinars to support retail, tourism and hospitality businesses in Selby District. Together with experts from across the District and North Yorkshire, the free business support workshops and webinars will help Retail, Tourism and Hospitality businesses plan ahead for reopening, understand how businesses can adapt and use marketing tools to reset for recovery.
Free Webinars for Retail Businesses
3rd February - 11.00am-12.00pm | 10th February - 11.00am-12.00pm
Two x 1-hour sessions delivered by Ian Sadler, Insight6, for retail business owners to help you successfully plan for reopening and attracting customers post lockdown.
Session 1: Getting ready for reopening and welcoming people back
- Is your business website/social media showing the right information to drive customers back to the town?
- What is your store messaging saying to welcome customers back warmly?
- How are your team delighting customers to make sure you get a sale, and want to come back?
- What are you going to do different, to make sure your customers feel safe and they will tell their family and friends to visit?
Session 2: Survival to thriving on the high street
- Sharing and discussing issues faced by retail businesses
- Working together through issues to a positive outcome
- What more can be done, to make sure survival goes to thriving?
Free Webinars for Hospitality Businesses
10th February - 2.00pm-3.00pm | 17th February - 10.00am-11.00am
Two x 1-hour sessions delivered by Paula Kaye, Boost Consultancy, for hospitality business owners to help you successfully plan for reopening and attracting back customers post lockdown.
- Customer Experience – how has Covid changed the way customers think
- Customer Expectations – how can you ensure you deliver these new customer expectations
- Customer Confidence – how to build confidence with customers so they want to return
- Customer Communication – how to engage with your target customers in a meaningful way
- Experiences – we will see a strong demand and need to be ready
- Recovery Planning- creating a plan for reopening; an opportunity to review and reset
- Opportunity for participants to discuss and share how to adapt and rethink your experience and reset ready for reopening
- Chance to discuss and explore any specific challenges and issues and how to overcome these
Free Webinars for Tourism Businesses
16th February - 10.00am-11.00am | 23rd February - 10.00am-11.00am
Two x 1-hour sessions delivered by Susan Briggs, The Tourism Network, for businesses working in Tourism and the Visitor Economy. Join us for this upbeat, positive and practical workshop with tourism marketing specialist Susan Briggs.
Session 1: Recovery marketing – how to bounce back stronger and better
We’ll look at the marketing you can do right now to bounce back quicker and stronger post-Covid. We’ll talk about the marketing you need to do to make your business more profitable and help you feel less overwhelmed. All the techniques are straight forward and low cost so you can implement them immediately. We’ll cover:
- What you can do right now to attract future bookings – even when the world is uncertain
- Getting inside potential visitors’ minds – what do they need to hear now, and in the future?
- Five quick, simple must-do marketing activities
Session 2: Introduction to the Profit Programme Marketing Challenge
At this session we’ll kick-start the Profit Programme Marketing Challenge, a successful practical programme designed to help you think differently about your marketing and feel more positive. Join this session to find out more and get started.
This is also your opportunity to ask your marketing questions, so if you’re wondering whether it’s worth building a mailing list, how to get more followers on social media or how to drive more traffic to your website, this is your chance!
Retail and Hospitality sessions are funded by the Reopening High Streets Safely Fund.