Food premises registration

To store, prepare, distribute or sell food on premises in the Selby district you need to be registered with Selby District Council. Premises include restaurants, cafes, hotels, shops, canteens, market stalls, take-aways, mobile catering vans and food delivery vans.

Some manufacturers handling products of animal origin may need to be approved by the local authority or the Meat Hygiene Service, rather than registered. If you are uncertain whether your business needs to be approved or registered, contact us using the details below.

Application Process

Registration of a Food Business Establishment Form - Downloadable

Food Premises Registration - Change to a Registration Online form

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

No. It is in the public interest that Selby District Council must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please contact us. You can do this online if you applied through the GOV.UK website or by using the contact details below.

Consumer complaints

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made to us - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If this is insufficient, if you are located in the UK the GOV.UK website will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Trade associations