Be prepared

There are a number of flood warnings in our district. Full details are available on the gov.uk website.  

You can get alerts to tell you when flooding could affect your home or business. Sign up for flooding alerts on the gov.uk website.

If you're affected by flooding and need immediate help, please contact North Yorkshire Police in the first instance, either via the 101 number or if it's an emergency call 999.

We hold a small number of sandbags in case of flooding. If it floods, we give these out to those most in need first. This can include elderly residents or be used to protect important community facilities. During the most severe flooding, we distribute sandbags to central places within affected areas. People living in these areas can then decide how best to use them in their community.