The Selby district is a great place to do business...
- We're well connected at the heart of Yorkshire and at the heart of Britain, with easy to access road and rail links throughout the UK
- We've got significant new business space coming onto the market and you get more for your money compared to our big city neighbours
- We have the biggest predicted population growth in the county, which means more customers and availability of staff on your doorstep
The York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Local Enterprise Partnership has up-to-date details of business properties on the market: use their search facility here.
Selby District Council also lets and manages four light industrial workshops, which comprise 44 units. Selby (town) has 28 units in two industrial centres and there are two locations in Sherburn in Elmet with a total of 16 units between them. The documents below have details of each specific site, including size and exact location of the development.
- Prospect Centre - Selby - pdf
- The Vivars Centre - Selby - pdf
- Sherburn Enterprise Centre - Sherburn - pdf
- Swordfish Way - Sherburn - pdf
In Selby, the Vivars Centre and Prospect Centre are situated just outside Selby town centre off the A1041 (Bawtry Road). The developments benefit from superb access to the major roads network, close to the Selby Bypass, only seven miles from junction 34 of the M62 and eight miles from the A1. Also easily accessible by public transport, the developments are a five minute walk from bus and rail terminals. Both developments are suitable for small businesses and consist of small workshops accessible from a central corridor. Communal kitchen and toilet facilities are provided, along with free parking.
Sherburn In Elmet has the Sherburn Enterprise Centre and the Swordfish Way development, which provide self-contained industrial units in the heart of Sherburn Enterprise Park. There are strong transport links to the A1 which is just over a mile away. The park is also close to the A1-M1 link road and the M62. The units benefit from steel roller shutter doors and reinforced concrete floors making them suitable for general industrial use.
You may require some planning advice linked to the intended use of the units, our planning surgery can help with that.
*UPDATE: a 12-week rent free period for Council owned retail, commercial and industrial units has been implemented, from 1 April 2020 to 27 June 2020, to support businesses affected by COVID-19.