We have a duty to enforce a range of activities in the district. Our Enforcement Policy sets out the principles of how we do this. It's design to ensure that we:
- have clear standards;
- have clear and open information;
- help business and residents by advising on and assisting with compliance;
- have a clear complaints procedure;
- ensure enforcement action is proportionate to the incident; and
- ensure consistent enforcement.
We have specific guidelines for dealing with planning enforcement matters. You can read the full Planning Enforcement Management Plan here.