Decoration and disturbance allowance

You may have to leave your home if major works are needed on the building. We will find you somewhere to live while work is carried out and pay for the cost of this. We may also compensate you to pay for the cost of moving and the inconvenience it causes. This is called a disturbance allowance.

For information about decoration and disturbance allowances, please see our customer charter for housing repairs and the Tenants' Handbook - pdf.

Generally speaking, the following rules apply:

  • You are responsible for decoration inside your house.
  • We will carry out decoration inside your house after certain types of contract work.
  • After disruptive repairs, we will carry out decoration inside and outside of your house within 25 days.