Dangerous wild animals licence

Any person who keeps a dangerous wild animal must have a licence. You can check whether you need a licence for a dangerous wild animal on the Dangerous Wild Animals Act.

We will consider the following when deciding whether to issue a licence:

  • a report by a veterinary surgeon
  • safety and nuisance potential
  • suitability of the applicant
  • security of the animals with regard to the size of accommodation, construction and conditions
  • supplies of food, drink, bedding and supervision
  • fire safety
  • control of infectious diseases
  • exercise facilities

Apply to keep a dangerous wild animal

You can download an application form to keep dangerous wild animals:

Keeping Dangerous Wild Animals Application Form - doc

Fees for a dangerous wild animals licence are individually assessed.