Information for Creative and Cultural Sectors
- Support for individuals
- Support for National Portfolio Organisations
- Support for organisations outside the National Portfolio structure
Freelance artists may find the UK Covid-19 Freelance Artist Resources List a useful site. Many resources have been brought together in one, easy-to-use place.
Help and Advice for Tourism and Hospitality Businesses
Coronavirus is a serious matter for the industry. Keep up to date and take guidance from regional and national tourism agencies.
Find the very latest information for tourism businesses from VisitBritain here.
Stay connected and keep everyone informed about what you’re doing
- Regional Tourism Agency, Welcome to Yorkshire are monitoring the situation closely, so please do complete their Covid-19 Business Survey and let them know how the situation is affecting your business. This is particularly important as it means they can inform VisitBritain and DCMS and continue to feed tourism concerns to Government.
- Regularly update your website. Let people know your current situation and create fresh, inspirational content. People may not want to come right now - but they will again at some point in the near future!
- Keep communications going with your loyal customers. Keep them updated but focus on the positive.
- Join the conversation. As well as following Selby District council’s social media channels, make sure you follow channels for Welcome to Yorkshire, Visit York and Visit England.
- Share your ideas and best practice via your digital channels and tag fellow businesses and tourism contacts.
- Connect with local businesses and see if there are ways for you to work together. Can you collaborate to add value and incentivise future bookings?
- Follow #YorkshireTogether. Let Welcome to Yorkshire know what you’re doing differently and how you’re adapting your business by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org and Upload your Press Releases regularly to let them know your latest news and what you're up to.
We remain committed to the delivery of the Selby District Visitor Economy Strategy and developing our district’s product, services and experiences. We will be continuing with the schedule of activity planned for the coming year, including the development of promotional material, trails and visitor information points and with the creation of the Visitor Economy Advisory Board.
If you are a tourism business and would like to discuss any of this in further detail, please get in touch with Jennie Lowthian, Tourism Development Officer at email@example.com.