Information for Creative and Cultural Sectors
Freelance artists may find the UK Covid-19 Freelance Artist Resources List a useful site. Many resources have been brought together in one, easy-to-use place.
Help and Advice for Tourism and Hospitality Businesses
COVID-19 prevention and outbreak support for settings
North Yorkshire County Council has published a COVID-19 outbreak control plan, which outlines how we will work together as individuals, communities and organisations to prevent and control outbreaks.
One of the themes is ‘High Risk Locations’ which includes hospitality, leisure and tourism settings/locations – such as hotels, B&Bs, holiday villages, camping and caravanning; pubs and restaurants; leisure facilities; tourism hot spots. This list of settings is not exhaustive and will be reviewed regularly.
Here are some resources that can help you manage the risk of COVID-19 within these settings:
- Visitor Communications Packs, including Visitor Information, pre-visit information and Test and Trace Visitor Information Posters
- A local operational action card, providing practical actions to prevent and manage Covid-19 in Hospitality Settings
For more resources, please visit North Yorkshire County Council's COVID-19 prevention and outbreak support for settings.
Coronavirus is a serious matter for the industry. Keep up to date and take guidance from regional and national tourism agencies.
Find the very latest information for tourism businesses from VisitBritain here.
"Good to Go" - Visit England Industry Standard
"We’re Good To Go” is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. Support your business recovery - Apply Now
Yorkshire's Recovery Plan for the Tourism Sector
Regional Tourism Agency, Welcome to Yorkshire have launched Yorkshire's Recovery Plan for the Tourism Sector. Working with the county’s local authorities, national parks, LEPs, businesses and tourism representatives this recovery plan for the tourism sector has been launched to support the sector through the crisis and to reopen, recover and rebuild Yorkshires £9bn tourism economy:
Stay connected and keep everyone informed about what you’re doing
- Regularly update your website. Let people know your current situation and create fresh, inspirational content. People may not want to come right now - but they will again at some point in the near future!
- Keep communications going with your loyal customers. Keep them updated but focus on the positive.
- Join the conversation. As well as following Selby District council’s social media channels, make sure you follow channels for Visit England, Welcome to Yorkshire, Visit York, Visit Leeds, Visit Hull and East Yorkshire and other neighbouring destinations.
- Share your ideas and best practice via your digital channels and tag fellow businesses and tourism contacts.
- Connect with local businesses and see if there are ways for you to work together. Can you collaborate to add value and incentivise future bookings?
- Follow #YorkshireTogether. Let Welcome to Yorkshire know what you’re doing differently and how you’re adapting your business by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org and Upload your Press Releases regularly to let them know your latest news and what you're up to.
We remain committed to the delivery of the Selby District Visitor Economy Strategy and developing our district’s product, services and experiences. We will be continuing with the schedule of activity planned for the coming year, including the development of promotional material, trails and visitor information points and with the creation of the Visitor Economy Advisory Board.
If you are a tourism business and would like to discuss any of this in further detail, please get in touch with Jennie Lowthian, Tourism Development Officer at email@example.com.