Stay at home
- Only go out for food, health reasons or essential work
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Anyone can spread the virus
Getting healthcare support
- Only use the NHS when you really need to.
- If your symptoms are getting worse, or stay for more than seven days please use the NHS online service.
- Don't go to your GP, pharmacy or A&E.
Find out more
For the latest updates, visit the Public Health England blog.
The government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend. A full list of critical workers and further information is available.
Mental health support
Isolation at home and the impact of the virus on everyday life can have an affect on your mental health. There is support available. Click here to find out more about Every Mind Matters help.
Caring for pets and other animals
The government and other organisations have prepared some useful guidance for caring for pets and animals during the Coronavirus emergency.