It is a worrying time for everyone at the moment and there is understandably concern about the potential impact of Covid-19 on businesses.
Coronavirus is a serious matter for all businesses and it’s important to take all guidance and instruction on health matters from the Government. Below are some relevant and useful links for help, guidance and support.
Updated: 6 April 2020
The Government has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- a Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
The Government have set up a dedicated website to ensure you have up to date access to COVID-19 business support, which hosts all the details of the schemes that have been announced:
Coronavirus Business Support. Please also check the website for frequently asked questions.
As you will be aware the Government issued advice to certain businesses that they should stop trading. Following the advice emergency legislation has been put in place, you can find out more about business closures here.
Here to Help
Businesses should check for daily updates at GOV.UK and subscribe to receive email alerts to ensure they are acting on the most up to date information.
Selby District Council will be responsible for administering the business rate relief and grant funding packages announced by the Government. Please be assured that the administration of the business rate reliefs and grant payments will be a top priority and that grant payments will be made as soon as the information is available for us to do so.
If you would like to get in touch with Economic Development team, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.