Commissioning, Contracts and Procurement Team - Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how and why the Commissioning, Contracts and Procurement Team at Selby District Council processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice.
Who are we?
The Commissioning, Contracts and Procurement Team are responsible for the management of a number of the Council’s outsourced services. These include the following:
• Waste and recycling (medical waste collections, assisted waste collections, large bin collections)
• Leisure services
What personal information do we collect?
In order for the Council to manage their outsourced services and provide the waste and recycling services (including assisted collections, medical waste collections and bulky waste collection services)and provide leisure services to you, we need to collect the following categories of personal data:
• Phone number
• Email address
• Any additional information regarding your personal circumstances in relation to the above services (such as medical/health information pertaining to medical waste collections
Why do we collect your personal information?
We process the personal information outlined above for the following purposes:
• To fulfil statutory obligations to which the Council is subject
• To manage the Council’s delivery of contracted services
• To manage our contract with you for the services we provide
• To communicate with you regarding our service provision
Who do we share this information with?
Within the Council, information may be shared with other internal departments including the following:
• Environmental Health
• Customer Services
We may also share information with external organisations, including the following:
• Contractors – We outsource the above services to third parties who act on behalf of the Council and so we will need to share some personal data in order to facilitate provision of the service to you.
How long do we keep your information for?
Information is kept for as long as we are providing services for you and/or in order to resolve any future queries.
Leisure Services - Please see the Contractor’s privacy information for how long they retain your information in relation to leisure services:
Waste/recycling services including assisted waste collections, medical waste collections, large bin collections is kept for the duration of the contract.
Medical information is reviewed as part of your application for medical waste collection and then securely destroyed. We only record a decision that the application was successful.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
Selby District Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
UK GDPR Article 6 (1)(c) – processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
UK GDPR Article 6(1)(e) – processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest
When processing your special category information (such as health data for assisted/medical waste collections), the Council will rely on the following lawful basis:
UK GDPR Article 9 (2)(g) – processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest with processing meeting Schedule 1, Part 2 of the Data Protection Act 2018 as below:
• (6) Statutory and government purposes
• (16) Support for individuals with a particular disability or medical condition
The legislation(s) which apply to the above services include:
• The Environmental Protection Act 1990
For more information about how the Council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice.