Selby District Council is the Licensing Authority responsible for the licensing of certain gambling premises licences and all types of gaming machine permits in Selby District. As part of this role, the Council must have regard to the statutory licensing objectives and issue a statement of licensing principles (the Gambling Policy) which must be reviewed every three years. The existing policy has been reviewed and it is considered that there should be no major changes made to the policy.
We are conducting a consultation to seek the views of the trade, members of the public, as well as a wide range of partner agencies and stakeholders on the Policy.
Areas for consideration
New information is highlighted in yellow and any amendments to the policy can be shown in tracked changes in the Draft Gambling Policy. View the document here.
- population size of the district updated
- removal of section 7.7 as the Enforcement policy is currently being reviewed and the link and pages mentioned may change.
- Merkur Slots added under the list of consultees
- Name change of the Police Licensing Officer
How to respond to the consultation
- Fill in the comments box below.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org please include the words ‘Consultation on Statutory Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Standards’ in the subject field; or
- Post: Licensing Team, Selby District Council, Civic Centre, Doncaster Road, Selby, YO8 9FT
The consultation is open until 21 February 2022.