Selby District Council Members Community Funding
Each District Councillor has a budget of £3,000 per year to respond to local needs by recommending the allocation of small amounts of funding towards specific projects or activities that directly promote the social, economic or environmental wellbeing of the communities within their Ward. This year (2021/22) District Councillors are particularly encouraged to focus on projects or activities that respond to local needs and community initiatives:
• arising from the impact of Covid-19 pandemic;
• arising from the impact of climate change; and/or
• that promote the Council’s Stronger Communities programme.
The minimum funding which can be recommended for a project or activity is £300 and the maximum £3,000.
This scheme places District Councillors at the heart of local community support and allows them to understand issues and act quickly for residents in their local area.
If you think your idea or project could benefit from this funding, then please get in touch with your District Councillor who can then make a funding recommendation to the Community Funding Decision Panel.
Selby AVS can provide advice and information about most aspects of running and funding a community group or voluntary organisation. They can provide help on numerous matters, including:
- Starting up a business/club/charity
- Drafting appropriate constitutions
- Help with company and charity registration
- Development of policies and procedures
- Funding support, advice and information
Please click on the following link to view the Selby AVS website