Please note: Due to coronavirus we have closed our community centres for day to day use, including laundries.
We manage ten community centres in the district, with events organised by a local committee at most of the centres.
The community centres are:
- Anne Sharpe Centre, St Edwards Close, Byram, WF11 9NT
- Westfield Court Centre, Westfield Court, Eggborough, DN14 0TT
- Coultish Centre, Charles Street, Selby, YO8 4DA.
- Cunliffe Centre, Petre Avenue, Selby, YO8 8DJ
- Harold Mills House, North Crescent, Sherburn-in-Elmet, LS25 6DD
- Lady Popplewell Centre, Beechwood Close, Sherburn-in-Elmet, LS25 6HU
- Grove House, Grove Crescent, South Milford, LS25 5AZ
- Calcaria House, Windmill Rise, Tadcaster, LS24 9HR
- Kelcbar, Kelcbar Close, Tadcaster, LS24 9NX
- Rosemary House, Rosemary Court, Tadcaster, LS24 8HR
Agreement for the Hire of Community Centres - includes Terms and Conditions. Charges for 2018/19 are currently £10.40 per hour.
To view the locations of the centres please take a look at our MySelbyDistrict online map. Please contact us on 01757 705101 to arrange a booking.
Kelcbar Community Centre
Kelcbar Community Centre has a Facebook page - like this page to keep up to date about events and activities at this centre.
Planning permission for the Staynor Hall development included the need to provide a community facility, by the developer. We've recently carried out a survey to find out what people living on the site think about this.
More than 120 residents completed the online survey and around 40 people attended an engagement evening held at the local school. You can now read the report of the survey and event findings.
Because of this work a group of around 30 residents volunteered to be involved in the development of the centre. The next steps are for the group to meet and:
- to influence the design of the interior of the new centre
- to consider the best model to take on the running of the centre
- to identify which partners are needed to take plans forward.
Residential and day care
The North Yorkshire County Council website also has information on residential homes throughout North Yorkshire as well as community and day centres.