The Council has now changed the way it makes decisions, with the introduction of a new Executive structure in May 2011. The information on this page relates to the position prior to this change. Click here for more information about the new decision-making structure.
Role of the Social Board
To carry out the budget and policy framework for:
- Housing (public and private sectors);
- Community safety;
- Recreation and culture; and to
- Recommend new initiatives to the Policy and Resources Committee.
Deal with the:
- Sale; or
- Use of houses, building land, community centres, or other facilities owned and operated by the Council as Housing Authority.
- Look after the welfare, where appropriate, of the tenants, residents or users of those properties.
- Deal with the maintenance, provision or support of amenities and the arts
- Provide for vulnerable residents of the District.
- Deal with matters relating to the Council's Concessionary Fare Scheme.
- Submit an annual work programme, including the programme of any Task and Finish Groups appointed, to ensure that the Board's time is used effectively and efficiently; and
- Carry out any strategic, corporate or cross-cutting work as directed to by the Policy and Resources Committee.
Please contact the Democratic Services team for further information on 01757 292037 or DemocraticServices@selby.gov.uk.