The Council has now changed the way it makes decisions, with the introduction of a new Executive structure in May 2011. The information on this page relates to the position prior to this change. Click here for more information about the current decision-making structure.
The role of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee was to:
- Review and/or scrutinise decisions made or actions taken by the Council.
- Make reports and/or recommendations to the Full Council, the Policy and Resources Committee and Boards about those duties.
- Exercise the right to 'call-in' for reconsideration, decisions made but not yet implemented, by the Policy and Resources Committee and Boards.
- Help the Council to develop its budget and policy framework by in-depth analysis of policy issues.
- Question Chairs of Boards and Chief Officers about their decisions and performance.
- Consider any matter which affects the Selby District and the well being of its residents.
- Conduct research and carry out community and other consultation to analyse policy issues and possible options.
- Consider and propose ways to encourage and increase community participation when developing policies.
- Review and scrutinise the performance of other bodies in the area and invite reports from them.
Please contact the Democratic Services team for further information on 01757 292037 or DemocraticServices@selby.gov.uk.