The council has now changed the way it makes decisions, with the introduction of a new Executive structure in May 2011. The information on this page relates to the position prior to this change. Click here for more information about the new decision-making structure.
The role of the Economy Board was to:
- Implement the budget and policy framework in respect of economic development, regeneration, tourism, highways and transport and the Councils land ownership.
- Recommend new initiatives to the Policy and Resources Committee
- Deal with matters of transportation, including rail, highways, buses and hire of vehicles and drivers on behalf of the Council, either by direct financial or other involvement, or by grant aid or contribution or by response to consultation.
- Consider all matters and information relevant to the economic prosperity of the District.
- Encourage industrial development and tourism.
- Responsibility for Selby and Tadcaster markets.
- Responsibility for good employee standards.
- Responsibility for housing benefits and the collection of Council Tax and National Non Domestic Rates.
- Deal with all matters relating to building control.
- Submit an annual work programme, including the progamme of any Task and Finish Groups appointed, so as to ensure that the Board's time is used effectively and efficiently.
- Carry out such strategic, corporate or cross-cutting work as may be directed by the Policy and Resources Committee.
Please contact the Democratic Services team for further information on 01757 292037 or DemocraticServices@selby.gov.uk.