Who are we?
What personal information do we collect?
In order for us to manage our commercial waste and / or recycling collections we need to collect and process information about your business. The information we collect will be business information however, depending on the nature of the organisation, this may include personal data. Therefore, we may collect the following categories of personal data:
• Contact details (email address and telephone number)
We will also process information about your business in relation to the service such as your business name, address, waste requirements and waste transfer notes etc.
Why do we collect your personal information?
The Council have a duty under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to collect commercial waste. Therefore, we process the personal data outlined above in for the following reasons:
• To manage the Council’s commercial waste/recycling service
• To manage our contract with you for this service
Who do we share this information with?
Within the Council, information may be shared with other internal departments including the following:
• Environmental Health
• Finance (including credit/debt control)
Externally, we may also share information with the following organisations:
• The Environment Agency in accordance with Section 71 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 for enforcement purposes.
• Contractors – We outsource the commercial waste collections to third parties who act on behalf of the Council.
How long do we keep your information for?
We are required under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to keep copies of all Waste Transfer Notes for two years.
Additional information pertaining to the contract Register of Interests is held for the life of the contract.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
Selby District Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
UK GDPR Article 6 (1)(b) – processing is necessary for the performance of a contract