Every business has a duty of care to dispose of waste through a licensed waste carrier such as Selby District Council and Enterprise. We will provide you with all the necessary legal documentation to ensure that you're complying with the law and get your waste problems SORTED!
Duty of Care legislation includes five main things businesses need to ensure they do:
- Store your waste safely and securely
- Check that the person removing your waste is legally authorised to do so
- Complete a written description of the waste and sign a transfer note for it
- Be legally authorised to accept waste if receiving waste from someone else
- Register with the Environment Agency as a waste carrier If transporting waste