The Government announced extra support for wet-led pubs during the festive period. The support will be a one-off payment of £1000 to eligible wet-led pubs.
What is a wet-led pub?
A wet-led pub is defined as a pub that derives less than 50% of its income from sales of food. Pubs that receive more than 50% of income from food sales are not eligible for this payment.
This one-off payment of £1000 is to help businesses which have had a loss of revenue in drink related trade.
This grant related to the period from 2 December to 29 December. If your business was affected by the national lockdown in November, then you need to apply for the Lockdown Restrictions Grant.
Eligibility for this grant:
Your business may be eligible if:
- It is a pub that is open to the public, allows free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided, allows drinking without requiring food to be consumed and permits drinks to be purchased at a bar
- Your pub has been forced to closed by central government, for example public houses which do not serve substantial meals
- It remains open but receives less than 50% of revenue from the sales of food
- Was trading on the 30 November 2020
Businesses which are not eligible for this grant are:
- Hotels, guesthouses or boarding houses
- Snack bars
- Sporting venues
- Music venues
- Festival sites
- Exhibition halls
- Concert halls
Businesses which have chosen to close voluntary are also not eligible for this grant.
If you already receive state aid:
This grant counts towards state aid.
Payments count towards the total de minimis state aid you are allowed to get over a 3-year period - €200,000. If you have reached that threshold, you may still be eligible for funding under the COVID-19 Temporary Framework. The limit for the framework is €800,000.
If you proceed to make an application, we will ask you to complete a declaration confirming that you will not exceed the relevant state aid threshold.
How to apply?
This is a one-off payment of £1000 for December 2020 and is on top of the main business grants. The application window will close on 31 January 2021.
If your business is eligible for this grant, please complete the online form.
You will be asked to provide details of your business. These include:
- Your business rates payment reference number (from your bill)
- Details of the business bank account to which payment can be made
- A Registered Company/Social/Charity Number, if a Registered Organisation
- A VAT Registration Number, if registered for VAT
We are expecting a high number of applications, we will contact you if we need more information to assess your application. We will also contact you and advise if your application was or was not successful.
Your business could be eligible for another business grant. You will need to apply for different grants separately.