Care in the community

Social Services offers a wide range of information and advice on care in the community.

This includes:

  • Paying for care in your own home or residential home
  • Carer assessments
  • Respite care
  • Sheltered and supported housing
  • Protection of vulnerable adults
  • Hospice care; and
  • Details of other support groups and organisations.

Social Services has a number of leaflets which offer help. These are available in different formats, including large text and braille.

Contacting Social Services

For full details of how to contact the Selby Customer Relation Unit (CRU), visit the Selby CRU webpage on the North Yorkshire County Council website.

Also see: Community centres