This consultation is now closed.
Your comments will help to guide our decisions about how we deliver our services while balancing our budget.
Our budget proposals set out our plans to invest in the key priorities for the district and the Council, to support the homes you need and good quality job opportunities. More details about these priorities are set out in our Corporate Plan. We’re also looking at transforming services – this means delivering them in a better way at a lower cost. This way we can protect frontline services, save money and continue to deliver high quality services.
- We plan to spend £12.1m on services next year after taking into account the income we get from services like housing, planning, car parking and trade waste collection.
- Over the last seven years we’ve saved over £6m. This has meant that we’ve been able to keep your Council Tax within government limits and continue to invest in creating more jobs and homes.
- Things will continue to get tougher for us as core government funding continues to fall. Over the next three years we think we’ll need to save an extra £2m.
- We propose to increase the average Council Tax for Selby district by £3 next year - that's just 1.7% and is below the current rate of inflation.
- This means that for an average-sized home, you'll get all your District Council services for just £178.22 a year - that's an increase of just under 6p per week.
- Remember that the District Council's part of the charge is around 10% of the total. The rest goes to support other organisations such as the County Council, police and fire services.
Listening to you is an important part of how we set our budget. Find out more about our plans and tell us what you think.