Benefit Fraud

Housing Benefit fraud is investigated by the Department of Work and Pensions while Council Tax Support is investigated by the council. Anyone intentionally not reporting a change in circumstances or falsely claiming benefits from the outset is committing benefit fraud.

How to report:

Any information you give us will be treated in the strictest of confidence. You can report the suspected fraud anonymously but please give as much information as possible to help our investigations. The more information that we have the better the chance we have of stopping it.
If you are happy to disclose your contact details then this may help if we need to contact you for more information or to clarify something that you have told us.