Monitoring of key planning issues has an essential role in policy development and supports several key aspects of our long-term ambitions.
Effective monitoring and progress in implementing existing policies helps to identify achievements, changing circumstances where policy changes may be required, and to ensure that policies remain relevant. Monitoring can also certify that a sufficient supply of land for development exists.
Each year we review our current position in the Authorities Monitoring Report (previously Annual Monitoring Report). Although no longer a statutory duty to give this information to central Government we are required to publish this information direct to the public at least annually in the interests of transparency and to ensure all interested parties have access to this information through the Authorities' Monitoring Report.
Please click on the following link to read the latest version:
Reports from previous years are available to download below:
- Authority Monitoring Report 2015-2017
- Authority Monitoring Report 2014-2015
- Authorities' Monitoring Report 2014 - pdf
- Authorities' Monitoring Report - 2013 - pdf
- Annual Monitoring Report 2012 - pdf plus 5 Year Housing Land Supply Supporting Paper - pdf
- Annual Monitoring Report 2011 - pdf plus 5 Year Housing Land Supply Supporting Paper - pdf
- Annual Monitoring Report 2010 - pdf
- Annual Monitoring Report 2009 - pdf along with the Executive Summary - pdf
- Annual Monitoring Report 2008 - pdf
- Annual Monitoring Report 2007 - pdf
- Annual Monitoring Report 2006 - pdf
- Annual Monitoring Report 2005 - pdf